How to Change Your WiFi Password: Wifi security is the most important part of a Router. If you give a short or easy Password for your Wifi then everybody guise that and also possible to hack your data.
So try to change your wifi password every few days. Don’t share your wifi password with each other. If anyone know your Wifi Router password then you should change as soon as possible.
Why Change your Wifi Password?
There have many reasons to change your wifi password. Such as…
- To secure your Wifi
- Avoid hacking personal data
- To get right internet speed
How to Change WiFi Password?
Before changing the wifi password in your router, you make sure which brand router using right now. Because every Router Admin panel is different and also the Wifi Password change system.
If you want to change new router password then you need to know by default username & password before access in Amin Panel. And if you already changed the wifi password then you know well how to change router password & username also.
Here the guide for new router user to change default wifi password & username. I give out most popular 3 Router password system steps by steps. If you are using another brand then you should follow another way.
All Router admin panels mostly the same. So I hope you can if you follow anyone Wifi Change steps.
Change WiFi Password on TP-Link Routers
If you are using TP_link Router and want to know how to change TP-Link Router wifi password then follow below carefully and try with it.
- Firstly, Connect data connection on your device.
- Open a browser and type the default IP Address on the search bar.
- Login to Router Admin Panel using this default IP Address – (192.168.0.1 / 192.168.1.1)
- For New Router: Enter the default Username and Password (In most cases User: admin & Pass: admin).
- For Old Router: If you changed already the default Username & Password then you give that to Login Admin Panel.
- Form Menu Navigate to Wireless > Wireless Security > WPA/WPA2 – Personal (Recommended) > Password.
- Now Enter your preferred password.
- And finally Save the change.
Change WiFi Password on D-Link Routers
This guide for D-Link Router users who don’t know how to change D-Link Router wifi Password & Username .
- Make sure to connected internet connection on your device.
- Open a browser.
- Login to your router settings page via its default IP Address – (192.168.1.1 / 192.168.0.1). or typing this IP and Press Enter or Go.
- For New Router: Input Router default username and password. (You will get default username & password here).
- For Old Router: If you already change the user & pass then you need to Login using that Username & Password.
- Now Go to Wireless > Wireless Security > Security Mode set to WPA2 only > Pre-Shared Key.
- Then Enter your preferred password here.
- Now Apply the change.
- Then Restart your WiFi then the new password will be applied.
Change WiFi Password on NetGear Routers
For NetGear Router users, here is the full guide steps by step that how to change NetGear Router Username & Password. So follow below if you want to secure your Router.
- At first, Connect your device with an internet connection & Open a browser.
- To open the login page, type this default IP address or link – (192.168.1.1 / 192.168.0.1 / routerlogin.com)
- For New Router: To access give the default username and password. (Here all default Username & Password)
- For Old Router: Enter your current Username & Password on the login form and click Login button.
- Then Go to Wireless > Security Options > Select WPA2-PSK [AES].
- Now enter your preferred password.
- Apply changes and reboot your WiFi. (After restored new Username & Password will be work)
If you are using another brand without given that 3 routers then you should follow some different steps. All steps are will be same in all router brands.
Login using their default IP Address then Enter your Username & Password and Go Admin Panel. Find the security Option then you will see Password option then Go there and change your wifi Password.
If you fail to change then ask in the comment below your problem with Router Brand Name. We will try to give the right solution.